In this post-CFUnited interview, we talk about the conference, both from each of their perspectives, and the corporate Adobe perspective. You may be surprised that one of them... well, you'll have to listen to find out!
I ask them about what they think about 4CFF.org, which was announced at CFUnited. Adobe isn't actually involved in 4CFF at this point, but they comment on it individually.
Since the last time we had sat down at CFObjective, Adam and Terry have been busy people! They both did stops on the user group tour, so I ask how the tour was for both of them. Since this was Adam's second tour, I also ask him how the ColdFusion 9 (Centaur) tour compared to the ColdFusion 8 (Scorpio) tour two years ago.
Also since the last interview, ColdFusion 9 and ColdFusion Builder were released as public betas. I asked how the participation and response has been so far. It may or may not be common knowledge that ColdFusion Builder was built on Aptana Studio. I ask why Aptana was chosen over the Flash Builder and Flash Catalyst engines, which were also built on Eclipse.
From the last interview, I followed up on something that had been hinted at during the last interview: Battles with Adobe Marketing. I try to dig more to get some dirt, but I got a very good explanation of why certain things get held back. Specific to that, I ask about their/Adobe's efforts to get the word out about ColdFusion beyond the current developer base.
I ask about a couple of things that were recently posted on Twitter:
- Terry's repost of this post, and some of the posts that preceded it.
- Terry talks about apologizing for not being Ben Forta.
We didn't get to touch on the CFML Advisory Committee much last time, so I ask more about it this time.
Adam and I mentioned on Twitter that we were going to have this interview, so Some questions to ask (names not identified to protect the innocent):
- Do you have a release schedule for ColdFusion 9 and ColdFusion Builder?
- When are you releasing ColdFusion 9?
- How much will CFBuilder cost?
- More info on EC2 licensing?
- Will the ColdFusion 9 licensing be changed to allow for development and staging licenses? (You may want to listen to the podcast for this answer specifically!)
- Is ColdFusion so powerful that it can create a problem that ColdFusion itself cannot solve?
Run Time: 1:00:51